Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The bantam lives

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
philmel

philmel

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:27 am

Very Happy Just got the Bantam out of its shed ,put the battery in and the dam thing started after nine months on stale fuel! so I am booked in for MOT at 2pm so wish me luck bounce
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 am

Take the long way back when it passes, glorious day for tootling on an old 2 stroke sunny
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 am

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine if your MOT place is sympathetic to older bikes!
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 am

Sad Dam it failed ! all the lights were working this morning now the dip has gone and the rear tyre is rubbing the chainguard , its hard to get exact sizes it seems Neutral
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 am

Oh poo! Can the guard be adjusted?*

*Hit with a large solid object.affraid
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am

Phil,
I had a 3.00 18 tyre changed on the front for a 2.75 18, because the mudguard between the forks trapped it. The 2.75 18 seems alright.
I think a 3.00 18 Dunlop will be alright at the back, once the bottom bit of the mudguard is opened up a bit. Is the chainguard further inwards than the mudguard? I have yet to fit my chainguard. Really don't want to change that new tyre for a 2.75
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:52 am

Smile On the B 175 the chaingaurd sits in a joggle in the mudguard and it at that point the problem lies. There could be a solution in giving it a sound thrashing with a ball pein and a dolly Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:52 am

Phil, I may give up on the D14/4, I have now put the gearbox together a few times, but it does not change gear properly when tested. I must have the wrong selector or camplate, I have got the factory manual and have set the selector quadrant up correctly.
Just getting depressed with the amount of wasted time it is taking.
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 am

Smile Is the motor running ?
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 am

No, the crank, new seals and bearings are fine, the crankcases go together fine, but when I test the gearbox it changes gear but looks like its always in the same one.
I'm going to see a friend (Arthur good of Kent Daytona's) to get a second opinion, before getting rid.

Happy Birthday young man.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Update
I did have the wrong top gear (one from a 3 speeder), I went to T&G's in Milton Keynes, (Bantam engine bottom end fits under the Tmax seat), I now have all gears correct until the final nip up of all the engine screws, then the mainshaft starts tightening up. Something to sort out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Engine is in frame and nearly ready to fire up, wiring just needs testing out, most of that is new, so nearly ready for the maiden ride.
I was always going to build a lightweight special, (something I can lift into the Berlingo), does anyone know of an early rigid frame D1 trials donor bike laying around anywhere, of course willing to pay reasonable money for it.
I will be using the D14 engine to power it.
My friends D10 is nearly ready for the MOT, so I can give him that back, we are going to ride them from London to Brighton for a good cause soon.
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:41 am

This is The North East | CommuniGate | Message Boards Dave I dont know if this link will work but if it does the bantam site on it has useful contacts Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 am

Thanks Phil, interesting find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The bantam lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bantam lives   The bantam lives Empty

Back to top Go down

The bantam lives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: General Bike Chat-
Jump to: