Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bike Fatality

Go down 
+5
Bath Bonnie
Joyce
Bob
DrChip
philmel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
philmel

philmel

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:20 am

There was a biker down on the roundabout at the top of the entrance to Hayling Island . The bike was on its side and not too badly damaged, I could not see the make but it was a sports bike fully faired. At this point I assumed it was a weekend power ranger over cooking the curve but it turned out to be a fellow Islander 79 year old ex army despach rider . As it has since come to light the poor chap had a heart attack then broke his neck on falling off so sadly its a Gog down Crying or Very sad . All this happend on sunday by the way.
Back to top Go down
DrChip

DrChip

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 am

Bummer.. at least it was quick I guess.. 79 and riding good for him...
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:59 am

He went out doing what he loved. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Joyce

Joyce

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:25 am

My first thought was the same as above, he died doing what he loved best (probably). RIP
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 am

I cant help but think his first choice would have been to be still alive though.
As Bob said, at least if was quick, but I suppose 'others' will see it as 'another bloody mad biker' with out looking into the facts.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:33 am

Very sad to hear of this, the older we get, the more we need to consider whats going on when riding. If we feel unwell, we should stop, if the bike feels strange we should stop and look it over.
The probablility is he would have survived, if he was not on the bike, it goes down as a biker stat.
RIP and condolences to his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:17 pm

I knew a guy who had a heart attack while driving a van, he crashed and died.
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:50 am

I knew some one in Shetland it happened to while he was riding his bike infront of his son who was on hiis own bike too, he died at the scene, but what made it worse he worked at the A&E dept. of the hospital, so so many people knew about it before it was official.
Thats almost as bad as when members of the blue light services attend an RTA and discover its one of their own family involved.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 am

Bath Bonnie wrote:

Thats almost as bad as when members of the blue light services attend an RTA and discover its one of their own family involved.

Had a case years back when a winchman was lowered down the cliffs here on Portland to find the casualty was his son. He froze and they had to send up the standby aircraft to effect the rescue.

I always nagged my kids - never play on the cliffs. I didn't ever want to be placed in that position. You hear of it happening and I can't ever imagine what emotions you would feel. Any death is a sad loss, but to those who deal with it daily in A & E depts etc it must be heart wrenching.
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 am

Getting them out of building on fire, cutting them out of a car crash or pulling them out of what's left of an aircraft that has done a whoopsie, all terrible but necessary. Someone has to do it.

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:25 am

I was one of them once, Staines Trident crash, was in Army Training at Woolwich and was called to attend originally to help keep the vultures fron knicking luggage and personal effects and keep entrances clear from site see'ers, but ended up helping to remove bodies, there were over 100!
If you attended and say you were not sick on the day you are either inhuman or a lier.
Worst sites an smells I've ever seen or smelt, seen some since but not on that scale thank god.
That alters you for life, believe me!
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Bath Bonnie wrote:
That alters you for life, believe me!

Yup. Would not disagree Terry.

I had a rep for throwing up. And after - ask the wife. I was a nightmare evidently!!!! Quiet - sulky then aggressive!!! She couldn't cope with me!!

History now and retired to memories - with flash backs! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Terry,

I was one of the team inside what was left of that fuselage GARPI, cutting straps, clearing away rubbish and taking the bodies to the door where others removed them for identification. We had 118 in the end and were too exhausted to talk with the 'Vultures'/ press. We were in the first attandance from Heathrow, our base.

That was only one of the various 'jobs' I have attended during my 24 year career in the Airport Fire Service. We even had a couple of 'interesting' ones at a 'quiet' airport called Glasgow where I spent three years.

Life is full of experiences, some good, some not so!

It gives you a totally different outlook on life.

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike Fatality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Fatality   Bike Fatality Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike Fatality
Page 1 of 1