Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Nexus re awakens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
philmel

PostSubject: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:15 am

Very Happy Three plus years ago I packed a container with two bikes one of which was a Nexus. The whole thing was then shipped to New Zealand to be re united with its owner who would be sailing there in the boat that I built for him. The tyres on trhe Nexus were still inflated and no damage had been done in transit so he fitted a new battery ,turned on the ignition and away it went as he said --On stale expensive old UK petrol! just think how well it will run on NZ petrol at 35p a litre Shocked . It has to be approved by the NZ people yet as they dont have the Nexus out there. What a good peice of kit the master engine is ! I might add the bike has been in that container till last week !
Back to top Go down
DrChip

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:49 am

What sort of boat?

Last edited by DrChip on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
philmel

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:18 am

Very Happy 55 ft bermudan sloop /douglas fir triple diagonal west system hull with teak decks . If you get on to mailasail and seek out zepher log you will find the account of the journey and some pics of the boat.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:50 am

Pete Townsend used to own a Bermudan Sloop.

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 am

Very Happy Indeed he did she was alongside me in the same shed at Universal boatyard on the Hamble. It was no longer owned by him and was about 70 ft and traditionaly built . I would think the upkeep of such a boat would bruise the pockets of even a Rock star! The rules of fiscal reality means that large sailing boats are usualy owned by successful high profile people, Gary Glitter had a boat on the Hamble for a while , Do ya wanna touch etc? not keen ? not at all surprised affraid
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Back in about 1978 I repaired Burle Ives (The ugly Bugs Ball song) boat, it was brand new and on show at the boat show, at the end on moving it out it got badly scratched, I was down there for the company I worked for getting our boats out (Thames Marine, Canvey Island), and as the company for Ives boat did'nt have any repair team down there I volunteered and I got the job.
Beautiful boat, massive great circular bed in the main bedroom, gold taps and fittings, teak decking, chandeliers, must of cost a fortune, I know his repair did, I made sure of that!
I also did a lot of the build work on Nigel Mansell's boat in the early 80's at Fairline boats, and only a few years ago worked on the build of 2 50' Sealine cruisers for a Rally driver and an opera singer, both went abroad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexus re awakens   

Back to top Go down

Nexus re awakens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1