Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bike jacketrs made to order

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrChip

DrChip

Bike jacketrs made to order Empty
PostSubject: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:01 am

I found this site that was advertised in an Ozzie scooter mag, they make great jackets.. made to your specifications.. a good idea..

They have passed all the very strict Ozzie codes for motorbike jackets

http://www.traxion.com.au/
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:12 am

The prices look reasonable too for the commuter suits.
Back to top Go down
DrChip

DrChip

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 am

Just what is that??

Never heard that name before?

The prices for a jacket or pants made to fit .. I think is great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrChip

DrChip

PostSubject: Backpack for scooter rider..   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:38 am

Now this is a great idea.. be seen and useful all in one ..

http://www.roadsack.com/
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 am

As I've said before you could have a lighthouse on your pillion and the dozy bugger still wouldn't see you.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Derek wrote:
As I've said before you could have a lighthouse on your pillion and the dozy bugger still wouldn't see you.

Agree Derek. Why some cagers are totally blind to two/three wheels I'll never know.

I have given up wearing a high vis jacket as there is no point. They still don't see you. The Burger lights are defaulted to dipped beam when the engine is running and the myopic toe rags still claim they never saw you.

The best prevention is your own awareness and road sense.
Back to top Go down
DrChip

DrChip

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:30 pm

I agree with both of you, but, if you wear dark clothing and someone is coming side on you may not be seen, its not only you paying attention to all and everything around you... Rolling Eyes

But also you being responsible in being sure that your seen, as you know and have just said there is a very good chance they wont see you.. Shocked

Its to late once you down to blame everyone else. you have to stand out like dogs b*lls at least give them a chance to miss you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 pm

There I am riding a bright yellow X9 fitted with high level running lights and Hi-Viz jacket when a woman clips the scoot, fortunately I retained control. She apologised with 'Sorry I didn't see you' I gave up after that and now ride as if they are all participating in Death Race 2000.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:05 am

My protective clothing was designed to save me from an accident I hope never to have.

A feature of the jacket are reflective patches that whilst not appearing to have reflective qualities in daylight are extremely so when direct light is shone at it.

It is my belief that it is the motorists awareness that requires improving as most two/three wheelers are more than aware either by experience or training.

Government driving agencies should ensure that motorcycle awareness is part of the basic driving training and testing.
Back to top Go down
DrChip

DrChip

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:55 am

I was sitting at a set of lights when this woman pulled into the same lane as me I bashed the side on my hand on the passenger window and she jumped with fright as she didn't see me.. So I ride like everyone is about run me down..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike jacketrs made to order   Bike jacketrs made to order Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike jacketrs made to order
Page 1 of 1