Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One for Phil!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capitano

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: One for Phil!   One for Phil! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 pm

... and Keith...oh and probably Brian, too. Very Happy

My old '78 TS150.

I was owed £15 by TNT motorcycles back in '83 but took this as a non runner instead and rode it around as my second bike for 4 years and as my main bike for 6 months of '85 including a 3 month solo trip to get my head straight.

I gave it away with 39000 on the clock to a neighbour of my Dad's in '87 when I moved darn sarf and he still has it in his shed!

One for Phil! Mzbits
One for Phil! 09MZ01
One for Phil! Mzsnow
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Phil!   One for Phil! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 am

If it had been anything other than an MZ it would have been nails by now.

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Keith

Keith

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Phil!   One for Phil! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 am

Cor, a 150! That's fast! One for Phil! Icon_wink Nice one, Ged.

I owned a visually identical TS125 as my very first MZ and even with my bulk it carried me around gamely and in comfort, providing some very cheap fun as well as a reliable ride-to-work experience. MZs are all part of a well-kept secret. Once you've had an MZ you'll never look back ...

I sold my own MZ only yesterday and am already feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Hey ho.
Back to top Go down
capitano

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Phil!   One for Phil! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah I saw it had sold.

Nice bike too, is another one in the offing, Keith?

Anyone know if you can still get Pneumant tyres Laughing

The TS125 was the first MZ I ever rode. My mate's Dad bought one out of curiosity as it was dirt cheap and all of us used to borrow it when our own bikes were being fixed or off the road for some reason.

I had long had a fascination for the marque and this 150 was sat as an unloved and non running part exchange when I called in at TNT motorcycles on Saturday morning and found them floundering around with no power. I was suffering a severe cashflow problem and my pride and joy CX500 was sold, waiting for its new owner to pick it up. The GS550 I'd bought cheaply to replace it was in need of some work, so for the first time in ages I was without a running motorbike.

A quick shufty with some borrowed tools plus a trip to the local wholesalers and TNT's showroom and workshop were powered up again electrically and asked how much I wanted. I totted up and said £15 or the MZ. They handed me the log book and smiled.

One NGK plug cap and a B8HS plug later and I was riding it home in a borrowed helmet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keith

Keith

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Phil!   One for Phil! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 am

Ged - PM on its way.

One for Phil! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One for Phil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Phil!   One for Phil! Empty

Back to top Go down