Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johncas

PostSubject: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment I have a SYM GTS 125i EVO great scooter but my mate is getting one and he has 5 grand to spend so whats gest in terms of spec mpg and ride comfort and storage space has to be 125cc he only has a CBT like me we just keep taking it every 2 years
Back to top Go down
philmel

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 am

Thats a tough one , how tall is he and what type of use eg commuting or touring . Piaggio do a great 125 engine and the Honda 125 is very good as well I think he is spoiled for choice
Back to top Go down
johncas

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Touring commuting days out he is average hight and wants lots of storage he prefers a maxi 125 than the smaller 125's like pergeuot speefight etc dose not want the type of thing you see 17 year olds racing round the estates on
Back to top Go down
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:46 pm

On a personal level I wouldn't class a 125 as a 'maxi'.

Bit semantic I know but the term 'maxi' in my view refers to the larger engined auto scoots, 400 +. I must emphasise this is my personal opinion, not intended to offend.

However haven ridden 125's for several years I do admit they are a most useful size scoot far superior to the 125's of old.

Choosing a machine would mean I would be spending a while going round all the showrooms or bike shows trying them out for size, looks and suitability.

Happy hunting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phantom309

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am

honda s-wing 125 .brilliant little scooter.had one for a while and it performed better than any other 125 iv'e had i was getting 91mpg,70mph and comfy as you could expect from a larger machine. sunny well worth the money.and if they did a 250 version i'd gladly buy one....
Back to top Go down
philmel

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:07 am

Very Happy I know its no longer in production but I remember a chap from tenerife riding an X9 125 round europe. The details are on the X9 site somewhere . It was fast the economy was good and and in true superscoot fashion kept its rider warm and dry. I dont know which of piaggios products still use that engine but its a good one . bounce
Back to top Go down
skochie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 pm

i agree with phantom the honda s-wing is a brill scooter had mine for 2 weeks now love it .
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:24 am

I have adjusted to low powered machines over the last year and enjoying them more and more, the VanVan is a great simple bike, the Honda 250 is a good quality roadster, it may be time to get a small 125 maxi scooter, The Swing 125 looks the best around at the moment, the Piaggio leader engine probably is the class leader, but I'm sure the build quality and dealer network is better for the Honda.
What sort of speed and MPG does the Swing manage in real use? Will it maintain 60mph on motorways, so that you run at coach and lorry speed for hours at a time. I have been on rideouts with 125's many times and I was impressed with an X8 owned by Vic, it kept up with the likes of 650 Burgers, my old Tmax and X9 500's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment   

Back to top Go down

Whats the best 125cc maxi scooter out at the moment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1