HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

May have to sell the VN :-(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derek
Admin

PostSubject: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 am

As you know I have had RA for quite a few years but it hasn't stopped me riding although I had to limit them. For a couple of years now I have noticed a pain in my groin after a decent ride and guess what, I now have osteo arthritis in my left hip (Not to mention my knees) so the VN is going to have to go.

I'm thinking going back to a scooter and am thinking a Burger may suit as it is quite low, any idea which is the best model on a budget of £1,500?

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 am

It's shame you have to sell due your pain. The burger does have a low seat as it was good for me as i have very short legs.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

Hi Derek, sorry to hear that you have to sell the VN. I think you'd be able to get an early 400 K3 for that price or a K2. I don't think I'd go for the very early ones as the underseat storage is not as good. Having said that, someone on the Muppets is selling one 34K miles new belt, rollers etc

I lied! It's on the X9 site Clicky
Back to top Go down
capitano

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Bummer about the VN , Del. Bet it's been a crackin' bike to own.

For that money I'd have a look at seeing if I could pick up a Honda 250 Foresight. It's kind of a "forgotten" model so prices tend to be low for what you get.

Smashing scoot, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 am

The good news is it's not OA in the hips but they don't know what is causing the pain.

Bad news, knees are shot. Sad

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Very Happy Dereck I am waiting for new hips and it looks like knees next What a Face Oh happy days ! bounce
Back to top Go down
Joyce

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:40 am

Before you buy I suggest you have a look at the Sym 300. They are lower than an X9 (I can get my feet flat on the ground), but they are also a lot lighter than the Burgmans.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:32 pm

The VN has gone to a guy off the Muppets so I'm bikeless for the first time in 30 years, sob! Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:52 pm

That's a pity, Derek, but a wise move. Unless you're comfortable riding then makes sense to ease up, if only temporarily.

Do you still drive the Pimpmobile?

Wink

Suzuki DL650 V-Strom  
Piaggio BV300
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:43 am

The guy on the Muppets turned up and didn't buy the bike, he was expecting something in concourse condition but not to worry sold it to a NABD rep yesterday. Laughing

I still have the Pimpmobile Keith and will return to driving that when I sell the Pajero later in the year. I did try selling it but was inly offered stupid money so will tart it up again and chop it in for something else.

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I can empathise with you about the VN. I had a couple, the last one, an 800, for 10 years but had another off last year in Germany on my way back from a rally in Slovenia and sort of lost my nerve a bit. I bought an old 250 Foresight to see whether I would be able to live with a scooter and loved it. Its only fault was motorways where by keeping up with the traffic at 70-80 it didn't feel very planted, rather floaty.

So I sold my VN800, which felt like selling my child, to a local Satan Slave who is planning to customise it into god knows what and used the proceeds plus trading in the Foresight and got my Peugeot Satelis 500. Which solved all the problems although it doesn't have as much under seat storage as the Honda, but it does do the ton! Works for me. Rock on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May have to sell the VN :-(   

Back to top Go down

May have to sell the VN :-(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1