Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Devon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Rick

Red Rick

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:47 pm

A recent Burgman 400 owner here from the English Riviera. I have been into the traditional scooter scene for a while and still own a Vespa PX, but fell in love with the simplicity of the auto and the comfort of the maxi scooter. Was touch and go whether I bought an X9 or a Burgman and the Burgman came along first.

Other bikes in the stable a Piaggio Typhoon 125 and a MZ ETZ250

Any other Devon riders on here??
Back to top Go down
johnp

johnp

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi and welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 am

Hi, welcome.
A few of us have had 250MZ's in the past, one member still has a few and I'm sure will expand on this.
What year is your Burgman 400, they are all good machines, I have a Black 650 exc and a white Swing125
Regards
Dave
Back to top Go down
Red Rick

Red Rick

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:44 am

Dave Weller wrote:
Hi, welcome.
A few of us have had 250MZ's in the past, one member still has a few and I'm sure will expand on this.
What year is your Burgman 400, they are all good machines, I have a Black 650 exc and a white Swing125
Regards
Dave

I must admit I have a passion for old Eastern Bloc bikes like the MZ as they are almost unbreakable.
My Burgman is a 2003 model, so does not have the later engine refinements, but still runs well. The only problem is I have rotator cuff problems with my right shoulder so getting it on the centre stand is awkward. But this is one minor minus compared to a lot of plusses and I love the machine.
Back to top Go down
poldark

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 am

Red Rick wrote:
I must admit I have a passion for old Eastern Bloc bikes like the MZ as they are almost unbreakable.
My Burgman is a 2003 model, so does not have the later engine refinements, but still runs well. The only problem is I have rotator cuff problems with my right shoulder so getting it on the centre stand is awkward. But this is one minor minus compared to a lot of plusses and I love the machine.

But they look so much better on the side-stand (just remember the handbrake) & there's no chain to clean/oil anyway! Cool
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Very Happy Hello I have an ETZ 301 and its still a great machine cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Devon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Devon   Hi from Devon Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Devon