Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's killing me

Go down 
+2
Bob
Waspie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie

Waspie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:39 am

Being grounded by the fact I don't have an in date MoT on the bike. Weather is great, and I actually have the ability to ride and the Burger isn't road worthy. (Wife and wee doggy are elsewhere). silent

Next week when my Burger is legal, my family will be one again and I become trapped within humdrum routine, work, sleep - eat!!! Rolling Eyes

Life's not fair!!! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:46 am

Never mind Waspie, it'll be worth waiting for.
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Your time will come, Butterfly. Laughing

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:55 am

Come and Join Bob and me at Bovington Tank Museum next Saturday Doug.
Just to pee you off a bit more, I've been out on the Enfield and the Bonni this morning!sunny
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Bath Bonnie wrote:
Come and Join Bob and me at Bovington Tank Museum next Saturday Doug.
Just to pee you off a bit more, I've been out on the Enfield and the Bonni this morning!sunny

Your timing is crap Terry. I work less than 100 yards away. BUT.

I'm night shift and will be ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all day Saturday.

If I was on a day shift I'd be able to join you.

If you wait until Saturday the week after - I'm on days!!!!!

Oh! I get to ride the Burger tomorrow, (To the garage to become street legal and broke, (service as well). cheers

Evidently the new Tank Museum is mega good. I watched the rebuild of the Tiger tank in the workshop up the road. All around the stripped down tank was the history of the tiger from the day it was built to the end of the war. During the rebuild the one conscious aim was to keep all its battle injuries and scars. That was very interesting. Right down to the German stencils for inside the turret.
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Oh thats a shame Doug, but THAT Saturday is the day it all happens.
That Tiger tank is the only one in existance I think, or the only one thats works, or some thing like that.
Its a bit like aircraft, when you think how many were made, Lancs. for example, and only 2 left flying!
There will be another chance to meet no doubt, but if any one else wants to join us you are more than welcome.
I'm meeting Bob at Warminster Travel Lodge, if any one is interested.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:31 pm

Bob/Terry have a good day. I'm actually quite envious. Like I said I work next door and apart from visiting the museum some 20 years ago I would dearly love to go, now the work has finished.

It's coming on to display season and Tuesdays and Thursdays they put on quite a mobile display involving some loud bangs!!!! It's good to see the old tanks rumbling around. Hats off to the dedicated people of 'The Friends Of The Tank Museum' for getting the oldie machines in working order.

A must visit is RNAS Yeovilton air day this year. It's the celebration of 100 years of Naval Aviation. It should be quite a day. (Going on the Burger to beat the traffic snarl ups)

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations-and-support/establishments/naval-bases-and-air-stations/rnas-yeovilton/rnas-yeovilton-air-day-2009/

Edit
Guys before I forget. George V Road, which the tank Museum sits, is a regular site of a police speed trap. Squaddies and locals tend to use the road as a drag strip at times. Please be careful. (Local knowledge). Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:02 pm

I'll start a new thread Terry. It's a shame you can't join us Doug.
Back to top Go down
Pete1965

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:56 am

Bugger why do all the great days out happen when I'm at work - I'm gonna seriously have to think about another job - ha Monday to Friday would be like a dream but alas no rest for the wicked!
Saturdays are our busiest days:(
I hope you guys have a great day - post some pictures failing that we'll have to arrange a weekday visit
Have fun chaps
Pete
Back to top Go down
Huskyteer

Huskyteer

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:14 am

Is that this coming Saturday, the 4th? Shame - if it was the next weekend I'd come along, as I'll be staying with my boyfriend a stone's throw from Bovington.
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:16 am

Huskyteer wrote:
Is that this coming Saturday, the 4th? Shame - if it was the next weekend I'd come along, as I'll be staying with my boyfriend a stone's throw from Bovington.
Yes it is, unfortunately I cant change the date this time as there is the special days activety, the opening of the new exhibition.
We can always do a meet on another date though, plan further ahead, but avoiding days with special activities as they can get a bit pricey, ontop of the distance some may travel, it could work out a bit dear.
I've got Beaulieu, Sammy Millers, Yoevilton (2 trips-museum and flying day!) and Bob mentioned a steam museum a few months back but I lost the details in my move.
Planning for next year dont forget Farnborough Air Show!
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:13 am

That's Crofton pumping station. http://www.croftonbeamengines.org/intro.html

The Engines will be In Steam on the following dates:-

April 11-12-13(Easter)

May 2-3-4, May 23-24-25
June 27-28
August 1-2, 29-30-31
September 26-27

Last edited by Bob on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 am

Cheers Bob.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 am

Now edited to show steam days. Keith, Phil, Brian, Dave and myself went last year. Great day out. I'll do it again.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:37 am

Bath Bonnie wrote:
Huskyteer wrote:
Yes it is, unfortunately I cant change the date this time as there is the special days activety, the opening of the new exhibition.
We can always do a meet on another date though, plan further ahead, but avoiding days with special activities as they can get a bit pricey, ontop of the distance some may travel, it could work out a bit dear.
I've got Beaulieu, Sammy Millers, Yoevilton (2 trips-museum and flying day!) and Bob mentioned a steam museum a few months back but I lost the details in my move.

The special days activity hasn't anything to do with the word 'free' has it? Not entry but displays!

Just rode past the Tank Museum. I notice it is having its pre season displays. I can why you don't want to miss the day. Take ear plugs - it can get loud!!!! Wink (I'm still envious!!!) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:24 am

Waspie wrote:
Bath Bonnie wrote:
Huskyteer wrote:

The special days activity hasn't anything to do with the word 'free' has it? Not entry but displays!

Just rode past the Tank Museum. I notice it is having its pre season displays. I can why you don't want to miss the day. Take ear plugs - it can get loud!!!! Wink (I'm still envious!!!) Twisted Evil

I've still got to pay for the petrol!!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyteer

Huskyteer

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 4:38 am

My boyfriend mentioned last night that he might pop over anyway, so if you see a tall thin gent on a silver RT1150 or a red Fireblade do say Hi!

Farnborough is a definite possibility - I usually do Fairford, but it's got so expensive I might start alternating with Farnborough.

What are your dates for Yeovilton?
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 4:47 am

The Flying Day is July 11, adavance tickets £17, £21 on the day, Helicopter flights £25, £30 on the day.
I have no idea when I'm going just to visit the Museum, I would'nt mind tieing it in when Cobham Hall is open as well, but hav'nt studdied those dates yet.
I keep you posted.
I've also found a helicopter museum near Weston Super Mare.......................................
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Bath Bonnie wrote:
The Flying Day is July 11, adavance tickets £17, £21 on the day, Helicopter flights £25, £30 on the day.
I have no idea when I'm going just to visit the Museum, I would'nt mind tieing it in when Cobham Hall is open as well, but hav'nt studdied those dates yet.
I keep you posted.
I've also found a helicopter museum near Weston Super Mare.......................................

Weston Super Mare - ermmm. Not very good!!!!!!

More like a scrap yard with an entry fee!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Oh dear!! Thanks Doug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's killing me Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's killing me   It's killing me Empty

Back to top Go down

It's killing me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: General Bike Chat-
Jump to: