Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say

Go down 
+5
BrianG
Keith
philmel
Derek
DrChip
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SkippyGLI

SkippyGLI

Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say   Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am

Does anybody have any further information on the Big Honda??? I looked very hard at the DN-01 and wanted to buy one - then I started to ask around and got some disturbing answers.

Apparently Honda have stopped producing them after just 2.5 years of production (thats telling on its own). The 'buzz' around the Hondal dealers here in the SW is that 'DN-01' stands for 'Do Not Order 1' as they seem impossible to shift..... Sad I have a few friends in the trade, and the same thing kept coming back to me: 'if you buy one, make it a keeper, cos you won't be able sell on anytime soon! - we would have to get permission to take one as part-ex, and even then it would be a peanuts offer'! Which personally I think is a great shame, Honda did a very brave thing with the Dino (and a very silly thing with the launch price). I love shaft drive, and have been riding bikes with them for years, prior to that it was a belt drive Smile I hate chains - horrible messy things, urgh!!

I found a dealer who wanted to sell me a new Dino at £6995, however he did admit that they had never actually sold one at that price, ever, and that if I wondered in off the street with £6k in my hand then he would rip my arm off for it. I also found a second hand one on ebay, with all the Honda extras, sitting at 900 miles and the owner wanted £4895 - I was very, very tempted by that one, but finances dictated otherwise.

In the end I weighed up all the pro's & cons and decided that a Silverwing was my best bet (and it was faster & lighter than a Dino or a Burger Van) Smile Fortuantely I found a really low mileage 04 model on ebay for a song (happy chappy); So that leads me back to - any more news on the 900???
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say   Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:25 am

The only DN-01 I've ridden is one belonging to the NABD that has been triked and I have to say it looks better for it.

Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 P1010176
Back to top Go down
SkippyGLI

SkippyGLI

PostSubject: Re: Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say   Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 am

Beer goggles time Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say   Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hondas 903cc Sports Scooter WOW is all I can say
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2