Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thundering clatterring ringading

Go down 
+5
Dave Weller
JJ
Bob
Waspie
philmel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
philmel

philmel

Thundering clatterring ringading Empty
PostSubject: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:28 am

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_biggrin Due to a major fight with the tax man which I lost big time Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_pale I have sold my Vespa and anything else, probably my soul ( on e bay will satan bid do you think? ) Keith has very kindly loaned me a 250 MZ , what a hoot I am enjoying the novelty untill the weather closes in then I will miss the weather protection as I am a wimp Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_razz . One thing I find odd is all these bikers nodding at me and to be once more accepted and no longer ranked among headlice and the dammed Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_bounce . Keith has made a good job of the clutch and gearbox ,it is fairly slick and as good as most jap systems . The brakes will stop eventualy in truth not bad for drums . The fun bit is in traffic where the air cooled 2 stroke tollerences rattle and bang with a trumpeting rondadondadon noise comming from the pipe , I think I make more noise than a renault clio full of teenagers Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_jokercolor

Last edited by philmel on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:52 am

philmel wrote:
I think I make more noise than a renault clio full of teenagers Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_jokercolor

Just not possible!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 am

Sorry to learn about your woes phil. It's good to have mates though, well done Keith.
Back to top Go down
JJ

JJ

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 am

philmel wrote:
I think I make more noise than a renault clio full of teenagers Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_jokercolor

Impossible.

I own a Renault Clio and being a devoted parent ( read "mug") two nights a week I pick my daughter and her mates up from Clubbing in Croydon.

I have to whack the Radio up to max so I can hear myself think.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:25 pm

''Clubbing in Croydon''
Is that some form of new dating technique?
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Being a dedicated MZ man and owning some four MZ's I appreciate what Phil says about the machine. You must remember that they evolved from the DKW as did your beloved Bantam, so there are similarities. Most bikes would be nails by now but MZ's just keep going. Enjoy riding a bit of history.

BrianG
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:30 am

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_biggrin Just fitting a screen that Keith had laying about , its off a big cruiser maybe a HD even and its so well made that it will double the bikes value I should think,now back to the shed Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 am

Sorry to hear of your revenue problems Phil (Should have done some smuggling on the yacht Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_razz).

Glad you're on 2 wheels too no matter what they are (Pedal Cycles excepted).
Back to top Go down
Keith

Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:34 am

Here is said MZ to which Phil has fitted my old cruiser screen, using brackets he fabricated himself.

Good job, Phil!

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_biggrin

The finished article

Thundering clatterring ringading Screen6

View from the saddle
Thundering clatterring ringading Screen3

Top RH bracket
Thundering clatterring ringading Screen1

Top LH bracket
Thundering clatterring ringading Screen2

Bottom RH bracket
Thundering clatterring ringading Screen4

Bottom LH bracket
Thundering clatterring ringading Screen5
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 am

Looks just like my old one except mine was black. Nice one Phil.
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 am

FYI there is one in not too badder condition in the bike shop in Melksham, all in one piece and complete, may still be on the road, with a for sale notice on it, open to offers I think.
Cant think of the name of the shop, Bob will know, I call it Bob Mizzery's bike shop, grumpy old git!
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 am

Bob Missen's.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:15 am

Bath Bonnie wrote:
I call it Bob Mizzery's bike shop, grumpy old git!

Fit in well on here then. GOG of GOG's!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 am

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_biggrin Keith fixed the clutch ! it seems that after my stuck throttle on the Alton by pass where I had to feather the clutch to stay on this planet , I must have worn the plates down a bit before the whole lot seized, Keith arrived in time as I was about to do a major strip down and by measurment pointed out the ajustment problem on the engine end. The twin leading shoe front brake is now fitted and is powerful and progressive giving a lot of confidence to the rider as I have always thought being able to stop was a big plus . Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_razz I have some pics but I know not how to put them up so I will ask keith if he will oblige. I have just bought a new jacket off the net from Heine Gerrick or whoever its the one that is very very yellow , I now look like a large overipe fruit going down the road ( as described by my next door neighbour) . TTFN.
Back to top Go down
Keith

Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 am

Some pictures of Phil's Supa 5's new twin leading shoe front brake (ex-Honda) as requested:

Thundering clatterring ringading IMG00032

Thundering clatterring ringading IMG00031

Thundering clatterring ringading IMG00039

After putting some air on the front tyre, it now stops like ... like a very stoppy thing!!

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am

I like riding very stopping things, the others type cause too many brown trouser moments. Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:46 pm

I like the way the hub has been laced in. Did you swop the fork legs over? That front mudguard looks back to front in the picture.

BrianG Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_biggrin Yes we swopped the fork legs round , to be honest I could not see any difference in the mudgard as the drillings are all parrallel. Mind you it does look as you say. The wheel was obtained from Burwins as a scrapper and was in poor condition cosmetic wise. But as Keith says it is a very stoppie Thing Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_razz The nice man at Burwins is doing me a barrel and head racing 300 conversion ! cor ! vroom vroom smell my dust eat 2t you lesser beings next time the throttle jams its escape velocity for me , yeeeha Thundering clatterring ringading Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thundering clatterring ringading   Thundering clatterring ringading Empty

Back to top Go down

Thundering clatterring ringading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: General Bike Chat-
Jump to: