Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

30 big OOOOOOPS!

Go down 
+2
Joyce
Bath Bonnie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
Joyce

Joyce

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 am

That is terrible. Travelling at 70mph you still need to have a fair distance between you even if you are riding in a staggered pattern.

You can imagine what the bike haters are saying.
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 am

30 big OOOOOOPS! Icon_cry Stopping a HD at speed is not an easy thing thing to do ! They are very heavy and not at all agile or maneoverable. Quite a sad story .
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

Joyce is correct in saying this fuels the anti bike campaigns fight.

You have to feel for the bikers, hope the injured have a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

I am surprised that this type of accident has not happened here. The way some of the groups ride beggars belief and are accidents waiting to happen. Let us be thankful that it is not us.

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Bath Bonnie

Bath Bonnie

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Update from the forum I got this story from, one of the critical bikers died a week or so later.
Also running through the discussion on this forum is these big groups of a 'certain type' of biker are very intimidating to other bikers, they cruise quite slow in large groups, deliberately take up all the road, dont like (as in wont allow) overtakers, cause mayhem in picknick and rest area's by helping themselves to others drink and food, and generally getting their own way unless the police have organised mass road checks.
Brian, I know what you mean, the Essex Air Ambulance Run is a prime example, no exageration with numbers, there are probaly about 4000 bikes all set off on the A127/A12 from Basildon to Harwhich, we take over all the carriage ways as the Police have basically closed off the route to all other traffic, but we are traveling at 70-90 mph, which is fine until some falls, crashes, siezes up, has a high speed puncture, then I can see a massive scrap heap challenge!
I'm amazed its not happened yet but its going to happen, then they will need more than one bloody air ambulance, it will be carnage!
The ride is in a good cause, but its got too big to be safe, thats one reason I pulled out this year.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:51 pm

On the Ride To The Wall the other weekend there were 6,000 bikes but they deliberately released them in small groups so that there wouldn't be a mass of bikers all vying for space. A very sensible practice IMO.
Back to top Go down
BrianG

BrianG

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:21 am

I also stopped attending a few large rideouts because of the lack of control. Having witnessed one serious incident on an 'orgnised rideout for charity' I felt it was time to give it a miss.
When my Guardian Angel says no I listen!

BrianG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 big OOOOOOPS!   30 big OOOOOOPS! Empty

Back to top Go down

30 big OOOOOOPS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: General Bike Chat-
Jump to: