Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hi, just joined

Go down 
+4
Dave Weller
johnp
Waspie
paxo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
paxo

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:27 am

hi,
I just signed up to the forum, I've not got a maxi scooter yet, but that doesnt stop me from reading about them hi, just joined Icon_smile. until I get one.
I looked at an X9 at the weekend, but it was a rough as a badgers bum.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:48 am

Welcome Paxo, good luck with the maxi hunt, it's a good game!!! Very Happy Very Happy

As for the rear of a badger, I will take your word for how it feels!!! scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
johnp

johnp

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Hi and welcome aboard.
There is a X9 SL for sale in a shop near me, i can get details for you.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Welcome to the site and good hunting, how about a Nexus 500, I have always liked them.
Back to top Go down
Joyce

Joyce

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:16 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:34 am

hi, just joined Icon_biggrin Hello and most welcome !
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi from me too.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 am

Oh dear - do I smell a one post wonder!!!

Hope not, come on Paxo join in, no fun sitting behind the curtains.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 am

Waspie wrote:
do I smell a one post wonder!!!

No just sage and onion hi, just joined Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 am

Bob wrote:
Waspie wrote:
do I smell a one post wonder!!!

No just sage and onion hi, just joined Icon_rolleyes

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I was thinking along those lines too Bob, just way too polite to mention anything too foul!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paxo

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: erm no   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Not a one post wonder, but I was thinking that a lot of the posts are quite old, the site dose not appear to be used a lot, bottom line is, I didnt have the urge to come back, sorry!!
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Sorry Paxo, didn't want to offend, but you fit the one post profile. No scoot, no questions, no response to any of the welcomes by forum members.

Most bike forums dry up this time of the year as riding tends to slack off due to the weather. Me for example, I have a new(ish) Silverwing and there is no way on this planet I am sliding a six grand maxi scooter down the road for street cred.

Another point worthy of note, many if not most of us are members of bike specific forum's and communicate on them as well.

On here we have always tried to go for quality posts rather than quantity.

Apologies if my comment offended but I rather tend to say things as I see them.
Back to top Go down
paxo

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:32 pm

no offence was taken,
I am a member on a couple of other sites, SVorg, TBF and I think a Suzuki forum where I believe I had seen your name before.
Anyway, I joined this one so that i could have a read throught it, as I did on X9orc.
The fact is that at the moment I dont have a scooter, and do not have any worthwhile input relating to scooter's.
I have had a look at a few, infact today I looked at an X9 500, but again it was very rough, and expensive for what it was, and now I think that the weight might be an issue, so i'm not sure what I will be doing.
At least your comment has resulted in me making 2 more posts
Smile
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:56 pm

If you do go for an X9 be aware that it is a discontinued model and some of them can be quite characterful. Read troublesome.

Consider the Burgman 400 or 650, Silverwing or any other Jap machine around 400 - 600ish.

I
have had an X9 and loved it but it was the 250 with a Honda lump. Also,
like Waspie I've had the 400 Burgman and now have a Silverwing. I
bought a 2 year old last April for £3.500. I've been fortunate and not
bought any lemons.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Chips

Mr.Chips

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 am

I concur with Bob; I had an X9 250 with the Honda engine and loved it - no problems with it at all.
Then I bought a 500 and had no end of hassles so eventually traded it in for a Silverwing 600.
It's lovely!
Back to top Go down
paxo

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 am

Bob wrote:
If you do go for an X9 be aware that it is a discontinued model and some of them can be quite characterful. Read troublesome.
One reason I was thinking of an X9, was that they would be a bit less expensive because of the above, but the couple I've seen where rough old things, and I didnt want to get into doing major repairs.

I must admit that I have looked at both a Burgman 650Z and a Silverwing.
Apart from the price, the problem is, that I am losing strength, both the Burgman Silverwing seemed to heavy for me, I thought the Burgman was a brute, far heavier than anythng I've had, so this concerned me, I know that once you are moving it isnt as important, but its getting it in and out and moving it around at home that concerns me.

I (very) briefly looked at the Fuoco and MP3 400, but even they are heavey, although having the suspension lock helped, it still didnt fill me with confidence.
I also have a few other health issues, which I wont go into, but this has an impact on what I can do, and what I can ride.

I've seen a few people mention the older X9 with the honda lump, and I must admit that I was drawn to the idea of having one, based on the honda bullet proof reputation, but I dont think it will have enough grunt, to carry my 19 stone weight around.

Thank's for comments.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 am

Lack of power with the old Honda lump was my main beef. I lived in Cornwall at the time and I too am not exactly waif like. The 250SL didn't do hills well. The oil also needs changing every 2,000 miles due to the lack of an oil filter, it just has a sieve.

I find the Silverwing OK to manoeuvre around but I'm fortunate to have a garage and level drive way. I sit astride the bike and paddle it back out of the garage and down the drive.

Likewise I have health issues but manage the bike well enough.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

A work friend had an X9 250 and was plagued with the electronic dash continually playing up until he sealed it with bathroom sealant!

As for weight of the Silverwing, due to its well balanced weight distribution I find it easier than my old 400 Burgman to maneuver powered or un-powered! (Unlike Bob my drive and garden are on a slope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi, just joined Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, just joined   hi, just joined Empty

Back to top Go down

hi, just joined
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: