Maxi Scooter Riders Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maxi Scooter Riders Club

Maxi Scooter Riders Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First time hello

Go down 
+4
philmel
Waspie
Bob
Grample
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grample

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: First time hello   First time hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:21 am

Hi to everyone

I stumbled upon this club while trying to find a bigger-wheeled/more grunt replacement for my Silverwing.

Having rejected all the usual suspects as being of no improvement, rejected the DN as not practical, and as I can't get my toes anywhere near the floor on a VFR1200FD (ignoring the remortgage prob') then this morning I near-as-damnit bought a GP800.
The poor storage would be improved by a suitable topbox and the wind-buffetting could be reduced by a Givi tall screen and I amost talked myself out of the need for ABS but the one thing that finally stopped me was the drive - 21st century and I would still need to grovel about with toothbrush, cleaners, oil and periodic chain-adjustment. Not with with these delicate pinkies Mr Gilera!

So no divorce from my Wing, old though she may be.
I recently (last winter) added the tall Give screen and realised what an idiot I'd been for waiting so long. It gives me (1.73m) total protection and even allowed me to junk my Oxford mitts. Another recent add-on was to be grip-puppies but after waiting several weeks for them to be re-stocked I made my own using neoprene (old wet suit) and self-bonding tape. Sooooo much more comfortable now that the grips are bigger and giving more damping.

So that's me - someone lusting after a Wing on steroids. Bring on the E4-1.

Anyone know where my next love might be?

Russell

FJS600A with Givi tallscreen and Honda topbox
FES125 with Honda tallscreen and Givi topbox
50 years previous Dayton Albatross 250 scooter
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi grample, welcome to the club. As someone else often says, we are not the most prolific of posters but what we lack in volume we make up for in quality.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 am

Welcome Grample.

Bob wrote:
Hi grample, welcome to the club. As someone else often says, we are not the most prolific of posters but what we lack in volume we make up for in quality.

And dam you Bob, ya nicked me intro!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:11 am

Hi Doug good to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Waspie

Waspie

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Bob wrote:
Hi Doug good to hear from you.

Hello Bob. All well this end. Pups are entertaining, lost over a stone in weight with all the high speed walks. I never thought Westies could walk/run so fast. Laughing

Between work, Wing and pups, lifes good. How you? PM me rather than kidnap Grample's intro. pirat
Back to top Go down
philmel

philmel

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:35 am

First time hello Icon_biggrin Welcome grample First time hello Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:26 am

Welcome Grample, where's that name come from?
Back to top Go down
Grample

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 am

Hi Dave
The first of the grandchildren couldn't quite say Grampa and so it stuck. It's also uncommon enough to be able to use the same one on each website that needs one. And it's more polite than the other names I get called Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Joyce

Joyce

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:05 am

Hi and welcome to the forum from me as well.

The Swing is a hard act to follow, it may take some time to find a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Keith

Keith

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Grample!

Nice to meet you!

As a previous owner of a Honda Silverwing myself (as well as the Big Burger, an Aprilia Atlantic and a couple of X9s), I personally reckon that you would need to go a long way before finding a machine that is significantly better.

Welcome to the forum. We may not all still own maxi-scooters, but the interest is still there!

Back to top Go down
Derek
Admin
Derek

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 am

Hello Grample.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First time hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time hello   First time hello Empty

Back to top Go down

First time hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maxi Scooter Riders Club :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: